Eucalyptus Pop-up Sponge | Biodegradable Kitchen Sponge
Compostable Pop-up Sponge
Our Eucalyptus Pop-up Sponge, inspired by our popular Eucalyptus Swedish Dish Cloth, is another great zero waste swap for your kitchen. Made of 100% vegetable cellulose (wood pulp), these kitchen sponges feel and function like traditional sponges but are completely plant-based, plastic-free and compostable.
Dry: 11 x 9cm or 4.33 x 3.54in
Wet: 10 x 12cm or 3.93 x 4.72in
Featuresn of natural dish sponges
durable: safe to use on non-stick cookware, copper and stainless steel, glassware and much more
- non-scratch: natural cellulose sponge creates generous foams and lather, so it is powerful enough to cut through greases and grime. at the same time, our sponge provides gentle agitation that won’t scratch your fine china and glasses
- 100% compostable and biodegradable: these pop-up sponges are made from 100% biodegradable plant-based cellulose that are safe for your home and our planet
- quick-drying: vegetable cellulose fiber is naturally durable and breathable, allowing the sponge to air dry quickly without collecting nasty smells.
- multi-purpose: these Pop-up kitchen sponges will meet your daily needs from washing your dishes and utensils to cleaning your kitchen countertops and sinks
- soak sponge in water and wait for it to expand
- use as regular normal sponge
- when smelly, boil sponge in water for a few minutes and air dry
- ideally dry completely between uses
- boil in water to kill bacteria
- avoid soaking in water
- place away from high heat or flames
- cut in small pieces, then place in the green bin to compost or directly compost in the backyard
- loofah can also be used like coconut fibre in the garden, excellent at water retention, growing seedlings, creating a potting mix, pest resistance, and use as bedding in worm bins
Why Pop-up Sponges?
Why are cellulose sponges better than plastic ones?🧐
- kitchen sponges are exposed to hundreds of different types of bacteria and experts recommend changing them once a week, which is problematic because plastic kitchen sponges take thousands of years to break down. it's recommended to use cellulose sponges which can be sanitized/disinfected in hot water (not recommended for plastic sponges)
- traditional sponges can shed microplastics which can make their way into our water cycle and end up in our rivers, oceans and drinking water
How did you come up with the name Plantish?
The name comes from a state of being patient with slow growth, inspired by plants.
Watching the process of a seed transforming into a plant has made me reflect deeply on the process of slow growth, being patient with that mindset, and how that can be carried over to sustainable practices in our lifestyles.
Although I know we must work powerfully and effectively collectively to reduce plastic waste, we also need to be patient and gentle with one another and our own existence.
Where do you see Plantish going?
Innovate and Advocate: from product material, production, and shipping, we collect feedback and improve along the way.
Support Local: we prioritize working with local markers, artisans, retail businesses.
Shop for Causes: we are offering the options to donate to various causes very soon.
Pending B Corp: we plan to become a Certified B Corporation by 2022.
What PLANTISH customers say
great quality, I'd never go back to harmful for the environment sponges !! The sponge really works great, it exceeds my expectations and Lydia from PlantishFuture is very friendly :) Thank you !
Beautiful and sustainable! Will buy again and 100% recommend !
Buy here you won't be disappointed at all!! I know I will be back.
These are brilliant! I'll never buy paper towels or sponges again. They hold up great against two toddlers, and wash out in the top rack of the dishwasher - or even the washing machine on cold if they are accidentally tossed in with laundry (air dry).
Free Shipping USA & Canada
on all order over USD 50
Ships from Canada